International attendees, come and stay for a while!
Events Before and After Camp
Take note of these wonderful surrounding events!
Local Tourist Information
To explore the surrounding region before and after camp!
- Dominical is a smaller, less touristy surfing beach. The sunsets are amazing! There is a lot of information online for the beach of Dominical. TripAdvisor
- Near camp is the Nayuaca waterfall which can be hiked to or visited by a lovely horse trip. TripAdvisor
- The local Féria (or farmers market) in Tinamaste is every Tuesday! It’s fun, filled with food, music and community! Local campers will be there. Facebook
- A larger local market can be found in San Isidro on Thursday’s. TripAdvisor
- Rivers, forests, views and more community! There are a list of accommodations near the Cloudbridge reserve and at the base of Mt Chirrpo (Costa Ricas highest peak, for any treckers)!
- The town of San Gerardo de Dota is adorable and has hot springs, hikes, local cheese and chocolate and yoga/community events and tribe!! This is located just east of San Isidro de General.
- If you’d love to see monkeys and other wildlife in nature head an hour northwest of Dominical to the Manuel Antonio National Park!
There are MANY other places locals or local accommodations can lead you to!
We can also share community events the week before and after camp as the time approaches! There is also a gorgeous and beautiful country to explore if you have an extra week or more. However, the area we are in is AMAZING and has much to offer. You won’t be disappointed by the beauty! We hope you love Costa Rica as much as we do!
Pre & Post Camp Lodging
If you want to stay near camp and near community before or after camp we suggest the following places.
If you want to stay by Dominical beach for cheap or very reasonable prices try:
- The Cool Vibes Hostel. Located right on the beach and very affordable. Especially if you call the place directly to make your reservation.
- Pyramys hostel. Located right on the beach and very affordable. Especially if you call the place directly to make your reservation.
- Posada del Sol – affordable, close to the beach with a nice pool)
- Danyasa Yoga Eco Hotel.
There are MANY other accommodation options in Dominical as well.
If you’d like to be up in the mountains near the Tuesday community farmers market (Tinamaste Féria), and close to camp, we recommend:
- The Somertime Inn. They have shared and private accommodation, a beautiful river and access to amazing community and organic meals prepared by request. Both low and mid costs.
- The Solfeggio Retreat Sanctuary. It’s beautiful and owned by community. It has rooms and private cabins.
- Hotel and Restaurant Natuga. Very close to camp and next to the Nauyaca waterfalls.
There are also other AirBnB‘s available in the area.