Gender & Beyond: June 8-14, 2018
Trans feminine? Trans masculine? Non-binary? Genderqueer? Gender non-conforming?
Take a break from the cis majority. Build a gender expansive community. Form lasting friendships. Feel like you belong.
For a week in the woods, we create a container to explore intimacy, compassion, transparency, radical honesty, sexual freedom, and the power of community.
At our own pace, we will
- question cultural norms around gender and interpersonal relationships,
- learn how to recognize our boundaries, communicate them to others, and know when we are stretching them,
- take responsibility for our feelings and needs,
- own our privileges,
- challenge our assumptions,
- forge new terrain in interpersonal relationships and in community—not just conceptually, but experientially.
From this place of openness and abundance we will
- step into our own power,
- create a life that works,
- nurture a community of loving people who care about each other and the Earth.
When?: June 8-14
Where?: A private retreat in the beautiful mountains of West Virginia, 2.5 hours west of the D.C. area.
The Gender & Beyond registration fee is on a sliding scale from $395 to $795. This includes tenting, all meals, and all program activities. Work trade or scholarship is available. Apply here
* intimacy building * creating community * relationship skills * playtime* cuddle piles * dance & celebration * exploring boundaries* sharing circles * connection games*
safe sex info * communication skills * hiking * great food!
Check out our other New Culture Events year round!
New Culture Spring Camp — May 18-22, 2018
Gender & Beyond — June 8-14, 2018
New Culture Summer Camp East — July 13-22, 2018
Endless Poly Summer — August 17-22, 2018
New Culture Fall Camp — October 5-8, 2018
New Culture New Years Celebration — Dec. 29-Jan. 2, 2018-19
Winter Poly Wonderland — January 26–29, 2019